Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's that smell

OK, so yesterday I went down stairs to do laundry and i got doing some things down there and i could smell a disgusting smell. So i got looking around to see if i could see what this smell was, I went in the furnace room, the laundry room, and my treadmill room and i still couldn't find this smell. So i thought for sure it must have been the drain to the washer, so i dumped a little bleach down there thinking that would help the smell. I thought i had cured the problem for sure, but i could still smell it a while later. But then I went into the bathroom down there and oh my heck i about died! There was water everywhere . All over my pictures, scrapbook stuff, swimming things, oh it stunk bad, so I tried cleaning it up, i put towels down, fans on. And it still smells way way bad. The night before the kids were in the tub. (Dad was tending) and they had a whole bunch of water all over the floor. They were just making a "slip and slide" they said and it leaked down there and made a huge stinking mess. I could've just died. So if any of you have a solution to help with the smell I would love to hear them. I tried putting a candle down there, i sprayed odor ban, every spray possible and nothing is helping.

2 comments:

  1. My first rental house the people smoked in there. I put containers of kitty litter around and that sucked up the smell. You could try that. I am sorry about the water mess. That is the pits. We have had several of those in our house!!! ctcowley2@hotmail.com is my email by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandi....it is so good to hear from you. I had no idea you had three kids now. I can't believe your oldest is eight. I love being able to see what is goion on in everyone's lives. Take care. ANd my e-mail address for when you go private is uofugirlsteph@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete